The in’s & out’s of OIL PULLING!
I really have grown to love this process! It has benefited my oral health tremendously.
•1-2 tbs of coconut oil (food grade)
•1-2 drops of your favourite cleansing essential oil (my fav is the OnGuard, protective blend from doterra)
•Simply scoop your coconut oil, and add your essential oil to it.
•Swish it in your mouth for about 20 mins.
Note – this can be tiring for some in the beginning. That’s okay. Just swish as long as you can and your cheek strength will improve over time.
•Spit it out in the garbage (especially if you have a septic system).
•Rinse your mouth with warm water.
•Brush and floss as per your normal routine.
If you do not like the taste of coconut oil you can switch it out for MCT oil. This will have the same benefits as the coconut oil however it is a tad more expensive. Please note that MCT oil is always in a liquid state.
•Helps prevent tooth decay/cavities
•Improves bad breath
•Improves bleeding gums
•Helps with oral inflammation
•Help whiten teeth
•Soothes throat dryness
•Helps with cracked lips
•Supports Immune System
•Strengthens gums and jaw
Oil Pulling Tabs
If you are a DIY guru, this might be something for you. Oil Pulling Tabs are simply a little pre made tablet that is extremely convenient for people on the go!
•Coconut oil (food grade)
•your fav essential oil! Mine is OnGuard
•small silicone pan
•mason jar with lid
•Fill your silicone pan with coconut oil.
•Add one drop of essential oil to each tab
•Refrigerate (or freeze) until solid
•Remove tabs from silicone pan and store them in your mason jar or any other airtight container!
My aspiration is to educate the masses.
Why we don’t purchase doTERA through Amazon;
1. You get what you pay for – the essential oil industry is growing at a fast rate. Many people are in it for the money and not for the true therapeutic benifits of the oil. The caps and seals can be purchased for next to nothing and it is way too simple to dilute or even replace the oils that are in the bottles. Amazon has no control over this and it is scary to think of what’s out there and what is being portrayed as an essential oil.
2. As of March 31, 2016 there are no authorized doTERRA sellers on Amazon.
3. Community support – there is a lot to learn when it comes to essential oils. It’s a journey and is not something that will happen overnight. We have an amazing community set it place to help, guide and support you in any way imaginable! If you purchase from Amazon you do not receive any of that.
Personally for me, because I use the essential oils to support my family and myself I want to make sure that I get guaranteed pure oils and the education to maximize. Plus I get 25% off retail, FREE oils every month AND 25% back on each purchase I make. That is 50% off just because I am a wholesale member.
I was previously very impressed with Charlottes Web CBD Oil and would often recommend it to clients. But the pice tag was SHOCKING and still ran the risk of possible THC interactions 😔 If you don’t know about medical marijuana or hemp, aka CBD, then you need to know that there are two components that have an affect on our body systems – CBD and THC.
CBD interacts with our CB2 receptors and gives us incredible therapeutic benefits such as:
-nervous system support
-lowered insulin levels
*THC is the controversial component that interacts with our CB1 receptors which is responsible for causing the “high” associated with marijuana.
*What you may not know is that there’s a THIRD type of cannabinoid–BCP (aka Copaiba). BCP is the long lost relative we always hoped we’d find!
It was only just discovered as a cannabinoid in 2008. And while it’s different from CBD, it directly affects the same CB2 receptors and is a much more concentrated form.
💧CBD derived from hemp has a 2-4% concentration.
💧CBD derived from cannabis/marijuana has a 5-35% concentration.
💧dōTERRA’s BCP? 60%! Wow!
dōTERRA is the first company ever to formulate their Copaiba using 4 different species making it the highest concentrated cannabinoid available. Yet because it is not a cannabis derivative it will never show up on a drug test or alter your cognitive state out of a natural comfort range.
Lastly dōTERRA Copiba is 1/3 of the price of a good quality hemp CBD! I’d say that in my opinion. I feel Copaiba is the superior option. How about you?!?
I’m always on the lookout for opportunities to share information with you. Starching clothing is a dying art but one my grandmother took pretty seriously 😋 Personally the spray bottle with numerous warnings never beckoned me to take up this practice but it does not have to be that way. Did you know you could starch your clothing naturally. Please just ensure the ingredients you are choosing are Gmo and pesticide free. Happy Starching 💜
1 heaping tablespoon cornstarch. You can vary the amount to get a greater or lesser degree of stiffness.
1 pint cold water
1-2 drops essential oil (optional)
1 clean spray bottle
1. Combine the cornstarch and water in a bowl, and stir until the cornstarch is completely dissolved. (The mixture will be milky in color)
2. Add a couple of drops of dōTERRA essential oil for fragrance (if desired)
3. Then, transfer to a clean spray bottle, and use. You want to use a clean spray bottle that hasn’t been used for chemical products. Cornstarch is a neutral chemical, but it could still pick up traces of other products.
We hope that we get your mind jogging with our posts. It is important for us to learn, teach and grow. We absolutely love sharing our knowledge.
Please let us know if there’s something different you want to see or maybe even a specific topic. We will ensure to get it out there for you!
– Elise & Brittany
This is the liquid gold of the cleaning products!!
“This powerful essential oil blend is combined with plant-based derivatives that provide a non-toxic and biodegradable way to clean and eliminate odors, so it is safe for loved ones as well as the environment. The multi-purpose capabilities of doTERRA On Guard Cleaner Concentrate make it perfect to expertly clean hard surfaces in the kitchen, bathroom, or any room, leaving behind a clean and invigorating scent.”
MULTI-PURPOSE CLEANER: Mix 2 tbsp of concentrate per 24 oz. of water.
BATHROOMS: Mix 3 tbsp of concentrate per 24 oz. of water.
DISHES: Mix 3 tbsp of concentrate per gallon of water.
TOUGH JOBS: Apply concentrate directly on designated area and let soak.
I personally have used it on many more ways then it is advertised! I use it for stains on clothes, added boost to my laundry, hand soap, you name it, I use it!
It’s absolutely brilliant and will never go back!!
Hippocrates, the father of Western medicine said, “Let your food be your medicine, and your medicine be your food.”
Looking to build healthier habits? But your BUSY right! You want to create a healthier diet and lifestyle for you and your family but Life and scheduling keeps getting in the way. Time is often perceived as the most precious commodity to the average family today. But a shift is rising and many are beginning to recognize that the most prized commodity one truly has is our health! What our lifestyle and environment consists of is either protecting and fighting disease or feeding it and many individuals are seeking to shift their current approach. Remember, you don’t have to change everything all at once. Start with small steps that you can feel good about. In a previous post I discussed the importance of pure water as our major source of hydration. Today I am writing on basic food choices one should try to follow.
- Add nutrient-rich foods. Instead of thinking about what not to eat, think about the things you can add to your diet. Strive to incorporate more greens and colorful veggies into your meals. If possible use GMO free and organic when possible.
- Eat closer to nature. Concentrate on whole foods in their natural forms, such as fruits and vegetables. If it looks like it did when it grew from the earth, that’s your queue that it’s a healthier choice. I good rule of thumb is also if it’s in a package its been processed, and we want as minimal processing possible in our diet.
- Go for whole grains. Instead of reaching for regular pasta or white bread, look for varieties made with 100% whole grain flour. Better yet, fill your belly with whole grains, such as brown rice, quinoa, oats or barley avoiding wheat flour altogether.
- Avoid “low-fat” products, instead look for unadulterated whole and better yet organic options.
- Reorganize your plate. Think of lean meat and fish caught not farmed as flavor boosters instead of the main event. Put beans, whole grains and veggies in the spotlight, and keep servings of meat and fish(wild caught) at 3 ounces or less (that’s about the size of a deck of playing cards).
Nutrition does not have to be complicated but our current grocery store often seems pretty overwhelming. I great tip is to meal plan lay out your recipes and ingredients needed make a detailed list and do not stray from it. Try to stick to the outer rim of the store or a fantastic option is to avoid the store and its temptations all together. Many grocers now offer an order online and simple pick up option. Jet.com is also fantastic and has free shipping on orders over $35 as well and coupon codes galore! Farmers markets are also a great place to get local produce and get to know your farmer and their farming practices. Plant a garden to alleviate grocery costs get a few chickens if possible. Eating well can be more expensive yes but there are many tips and tricks to keep costs down. Stay tuns for those tips and more.